On the heels of the CDC’s recommendations around social distancing, QSRs around the country have closed their doors and shifted operations to offer services such as online ordering and delivery, curbside pickup and more. In fact, InMarket data sees a sharp decline in visitation of 46.8%. As a result, these brands are not only shifting how they operate to keep employees and consumers safe and healthy, but adapting their marketing strategies and approaches. These efforts include a focus around how they can be of service to consumers in their moment of need.
Source: Foot Traffic by Category, InMarket InSights (2/1/2020 – 3/30/2020)
- Audience targeting – Past customers, QSR fans by brand, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner QSR consumers
- Location targeting – Target by radius and current location down to the block level to reach stay at home diners
- Loyalty targeting – Based on frequency of visit and engagement to your brand as well as competitive brands
- Predictive targeting – Target based on past history including visitation and purchasing patterns
- Contextual targeting – App users of brand, competitors, delivery apps
- Consider reallocating media spend based on changing consumer behavior and reduced consumer movement caused by stay-at-home orders.
- Decrease Budgets on: Out of Home (OOH)
- Increase Budgets on: InHome Digital (online/mobile/apps), Radio and TV including streaming services, direct mail and email
Content Strategies - Product/Services offerings
- Promote Open Hours, Order Ahead & Pickup
- Promote Delivery Options
- Create & Promote New “Family” Menu Options, Senior specials
- Reassure guests and diners that your services are available during this unusual time – highlight hours of operation and pickup and delivery options
- Promote free delivery by meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner) to boost orders
- Build Loyalty – offer promotional tie-ins and continue popular programs – Order Twice Pay Once, BOGO, Gift Cards, or Giveaways (sealed toys or hand sanitizer with delivery/pickup), Taco Tuesdays or Pizza Wednesdays
Download the Covid-19 QSR Playbook Below!
For more information and strategies specific to your brand, please contact your InMarket representative, or contact us today and we’ll get back to you promptly.